Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/whiskey-sour/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
There is a reason some cocktails are classic and the whiskey sour is a good example; just as good today as when it was first created.
- 2 ounces of bourbon (I love Maker's Mark; it's not outrageously pricey but it's a good quality bourbon and in this drink...the bourbon is VERY evident)
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup (Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved; remove from heat and cool).
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of egg white (optional)
- lemon wedge and maraschino cherry garnish
- Combine bourbon, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker. Shake well for 20 seconds. Add at least a cup of ice and shake for another 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon wedge and maraschino cherry on a skewer.