Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/watermelon-raspberry-cooler/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Watermelon Raspberry Cooler Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups white rum
- 4 cups seedless watermelon chunks (one-quarter of a watermelon)
- 1 cup raspberries
- Sparkling soda or water, chilled
- Watermelon, raspberries and lime wedges
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a blender, combine the sugar syrup, lime juice, rum and watermelon chunks and raspberries and blend until combined; strain over a large bowl to remove raspberry seeds if desired.
- Pour into chilled glasses filled with ice, top with sparkling soda and garnish with watermelon, raspberries and lime.