Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/watermelon-margaritas/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Zest from one orange
- 4-5 cups cubed and seeded watermelon (I used a small seedless and it was just about the perfect amount for the mixture and some cubes for garnish)
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 and 1/2 cups tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Salt and sugar for rimming (I mix equal parts together)
- Lime slices, watermelon cubes and blueberries for garnish (skip the blueberries if you want for non Independence Day cocktails!)
- Bring water, sugar and orange zest to a boil in a small saucepan, boiling just long enough for the sugar to dissolve, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; strain out the zest and cool completely.
- Combine watermelon and strawberries in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour over a strainer into a large bowl to remove solids.
- Return fruit juice to blender and add tequila, orange simple syrup, orange liqueur and lime juice and blend thoroughly.
- Put pitcher into refrigerator for at least 2 hours allowing flavors to meld and mixture to get cold.
- Put salt and sugar mixture on a plate. Rub the rim of glasses with a quarter lime slice and dip them into the salt/sugar.
- Fill glasses with ice and add the watermelon margarita mixture; top with garnish of watermelon cubes, berries or lime slices.