Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/watermelon-frose-cocktail-recipe/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Watermelon Frosé - Frozen Watermelon and Rosé Wine
To Prepare the Watermelon and Wine
- 6 cups watermelon cubes, frozen
- 1 bottle chilled rose wine
- 1 cup watermelon, blended
- 1/2 cup sugar
To Finish the Cocktail
- Freeze a bottle of Rosé wine for 45 minutes to get it thoroughly chilled. DON'T forget it!
- Cut a small watermelon in half and cut into cubes and measure out 6 cups of cubes. Place the cubes on a tray and freeze them for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile make the watermelon syrup by combining the watermelon puree and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer only until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into a container and refrigerate until cold.
- When ready to serve, combine the wine, frozen watermelon, half of the watermelon syrup and the lime juice. Blend until slushy. Taste and add more syrup as necessary for sweetness.
- Pour into chilled wine glasses and garnish with a watermelon slice.
You might need to add some ice cubes to make the cocktail slushy...just add a cup at a time until you get the right consistency.