Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/ultimate-peanut-butter-cookies/
© 2004 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
The Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter either creamy or crunchy (I like maximum crunch!)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 extra large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup salted, roasted peanuts, lightly toasted and chopped (really need to chop with chef's knife, processing them will easily make the pieces too small).
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy the add peanut butter and mix until blended.
- Add both sugars and mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the dry ingredients a cup at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Add half of the toasted peanuts to the mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon to measure dough, roll each spoonful into balls and place on baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Dip large fork into warm water, blot and press each cookie slightly to flatten it; repeat in opposite direction (The warm water will help to keep the fork from sticking to the dough). Sprinkle remaining peanuts on the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 7 minutes/ alternate cookie sheets on baking racks and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets; remove sheets and allow to completely cook at room temp.