Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/turkey-cranberry-cream-cheese-sandwich/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Turkey, Cranberry and Cream Cheese Sandwich with Sprouts and Sunflower Seeds
The best reason for Thanksgiving turkey is this sandwich for the day after!
- Sandwich bread (I honestly use whatever bread we have on hand; the bread in the photo is Orowheat Oatnut bread, my favorite everyday bread).
- Sliced turkey meat (Remove the breast from the turkey and then slice perpendicular to the bottom where the bone was, results in great, tender slices of meat)
- Cranberry Sauce - I use whatever version I've made for the holiday but if you buy canned sauce I think this sandwich is best if you get the whole berry variety.
- Cream Cheese - either spread with soft cream cheese or cut 'slices' if using regular cream cheese; you want a fairly thick layer of cream cheese, don't scrimp here.
- Alfalfa or Clover Sprouts
- Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- Smear some mayonnaise on bottom bread slice and season with a small amount of salt
- Layer turkey on top of mayonnaise
- Cream cheese goes on next on top of the turkey.
- Dollop generous spoonful of cranberry sauce on top of turkey and spread to edges.
- Put a small handful of alfalfa or clover sprouts on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds; spread mayonnaise on 2nd slice of bread and top off sandwich.
- Cut in half and serve with chips and/or pickle spears.