Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/tomatillo-salsa-verde/
© 2010 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
- 2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed & washed
- 6 jalapeños
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-large onion
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Chop the onion in half, crush the garlic, and leave the jalapeños and tomatillos whole. Roast on a baking sheet in a 400°F oven for about 15 minutes, turning all halfway over through roasting time.
- Peel the garlic, remove the seeds and rough chop the jalapeño, and peel and chop the onion.
- In a food processor, add all roasted ingredients, plus cilantro and salt and pulse until all ingredients are chopped and desired consistency is reached.
- I processed about half at a time and then blended everything together in a big bowl.