Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/the-lone-ranger/
© 2012 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
A light and summery cocktail blending tequila, sparkling rose wine and lemon juice.
- 1and 1/2 oz Silver tequila
- 1 oz Lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Rich simple syrup (two parts sugar, one part water)
- 2 oz Brut rosé sparkling wine
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Fill a Collins glass with ice.
- Put the tequila, lemon juice and simple syrup in a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Open the shaker, add the sparkling wine (do not shake) and strain into the ice filled glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
To Make the Lemon Twist:
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut long strips from lemon rind. Trim edges with knife and cut ends on the diagonal. Wrap around a toothpick or a skewer and slide into beverage.
To make simple syrup, heat water and sugar over medium high heat, remove from heat as soon as all sugar has been dissolved. Chill.
I've found what really speeds up the process is to heat half the water with the sugar and then once the sugar is dissolved I add the other half as ice water and pour the mixture into a container to chill.