Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/thai-peanut-shrimp-skewers-pineapple-red-peppers/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Thai Peanut Shrimp Skewers with Pineapple and Red Peppers
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp Thai Peanut Rub
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups pineapple cubes (24 cubes)
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Thai Peanut Rub
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, white wine, garlic, salt and Thai Peanut Rub and mix thoroughly. Pour over shrimp in plastic bag and make sure all shrimp are coated. Refrigerate for one hour, turning occasionally.
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes, drain. Thread skewers with red pepper slices, pineapple and shrimp; repeat until you have about 4 of each per skewer.
- Place skewers on a grill 4 to 6 inches above heat for 3 minutes. Turn skewers and grill an additional 3 minutes or until shrimp are just opaque.
- Serve over rice and garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro and a sprinkling of some additional Thai Peanut Rub.