Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/tandoori-chicken-with-quinoa/
© 2010 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Tandoori Chicken with Quinoa
For the Chicken
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, cardamom, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Stir chicken into the yogurt mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Prepare quinoa. Saute garlic in olive oil for a minute; add quinoa and lightly toast in oil. Add chicken broth and simmer until liquid is absorbed; 12-15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat and oil grill grates. Remove chicken from the marinade and thread on skewers. After grill has preheated to high, lower heat to medium-high. Grill skewers, turning once, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- NOTE: I used my pretty adorable round skewers and although I love the way they look for serving, it is just so much easier to use regular skewers. I use two skewers for each set and you completely avoid the problem of your food turning on the skewers (as it did with these!).
- Serve over quinoa; accompany with fresh peas or any colorful vegetable.