Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/sweet-spicy-and-sticky-chicken-wings-slow-cooker/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Sweet, Spicy and Sticky Chicken Wings
4 hrs 10 mins
- 35 chicken wings, tips removed (I used the bag of frozen ones in the cases at Costco)
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup (8 Tbsp) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper to taste
For the Garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Put chicken in the bottom of a large slow cooker
- Combine all sauce ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Let stand for at least 1 hour. Be sure all wings are well coated with marinade.
- Set cooker to cook for 3-4 hours on low; Meat should be tender but the wings should not be falling apart.
- Pour off sauce and skim fat. Reduce sauce in a pan on the stovetop until thickened. Return to pot with chicken and serve.
No slow cooker? No problem. Here's how to finish them with your oven:
Place wings in large baking pan and cover with sauce. Put pan in 350 oven and reduce heat to 250. Bake 4-5 hours (check hourly), turning wings at regular intervals. If all marinade is not absorbed, pour off and reduce in a pan on the stovetop; add back to wings before serving.