This Sweet Potato Souffle has been a part of our Thanksgiving tradition for 30 years. Maybe it is more like dessert but we love it!
Sweet Potato Souffle
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar; light or dark
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange concentrate
For the Streusel Topping
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup nuts
- Mix all of sweet potato ingredients in a mixer til smooth.
- Put into a greased 9 X 13" casserole
- Crumble topping over top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes