I love candied nuts but this one has a hint of savory and is beyond fabulous! Although the spices are typical of Thanksgiving…but this was a huge hit at a spring event!
Sweet and Savory Candied Nuts
- 4 cups nuts (I use a combination of pecans, walnuts, cashews and/or almonds)
- 2 Tbsp Tiny Town Turkey Rub * (This blend contains Hungarian sweet paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, rubbed sage, rosemary, white onion,
- lemon peel, turmeric, dill weed - equal portions of all blended together)
- 3 Tbsp Vanilla Bean Sugar * (A combination of vanilla bean and sugar - substitute 3 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract if necessary)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Toast nuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add honey and corn syrup.
- Toss to coat and put back on non-stick or Pam sprayed cookie sheet. Put nuts back in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the Tiny Town Turkey Rub with the Vanilla Sugar. Dump the hot gooey nuts into the spice mixture and toss to coat evenly. Spread out on a cookie sheet to cool and break apart with fingers.
The turkey rub is available online at www.SavorySpiceShop.com