Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/strawberry-and-lemon-cake-lemon-glaze/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Strawberry and Lemon Cake with Lemon Glaze for #BakeTogether
1 hr 10 mins
A perfect summer dessert with fresh strawberries in a lemon flavored cake with a lemon glaze.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup plus sugar
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar (or use 2 tablespoons white sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon rind
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 or 10-inch springform pan, cake pan or pie plate.
- Beat butter and sugar on on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium-low; mix in egg, sour cream, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind and beat just to incorporate.
- Transfer batter to buttered cake pan or pie plate. Arrange strawberries on top of batter, cut sides down and as close together as possible.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of turbinado or regular white sugar over berries.
- Bake cake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch, about 1 hour. Let cool.
- Drizzle with lemon glaze.
- Cut into wedges. Cake can be stored at room temperature, loosely covered, up to 2 days.
To Make the Glaze:
- Mix the lemon juice and confectioners' sugar together in a microwave-safe bowl; stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the lemon zest and butter.
- Heat the ingredients on high for 30 seconds to melt the butter.
- Whisk the glaze until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.