Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/sriracha-honey-chex-mix/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Sriracha and Honey Chex Mix
1 hr 10 mins
- 6 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups roasted salted peanuts
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 250°.
- Combine cereals, nut and noodles in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small pot and add the Sriracha, honey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and garlic powder and stir to combine. Pour the mixture over the cereal and nuts mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture onto two large baking sheets with sides or a very large roasting pan and bake for one hour; stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on parchment paper or paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Devour. I mean store in a covered container for up to 5 days
I thought I had a partial can of Wasabi Peas in the pantry; I LOVE those little hot bites and if I could have found them, they would have gone in too. Of course they're optional but if you want to boost the hit a bit, a cup of them would be another good option.