Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/spinach-salad-mozarella-pears-and-bacon/
© 2014 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Spinach Salad with Mozzarella, Pears, Pine Nuts and a Warm Honey, Mustard and Bacon Dressing
Spinach and pears are combined with fresh mozzarella and pine nuts for a new take on an old classic.
For the Salad
- 4 cups Spinach, washed and dried
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, diced
- 4 slices Bacon, diced
- 2 Pears, sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
For the Dressing:!
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put spinach leaves and red onion slices in a bowl.
- Mix vinegars, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper together. Add bacon drippings and oil and whisk until blended.
- Toss the ingredients in the bowl with some dressing to lightly cover. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate each serving and arrange pears on top.
- Add mozzarella, bacon and pine nuts to each serving.
- Drizzle with additional dressing.
This makes additional dressing than what will be required for 4 servings. Serve with any fresh salad.