Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/spiced-pear-margarita/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
For the Spiced Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole anise stars
- 2 pinches cloves
- 2 pinches nutmeg
For the Spiced Sugar for the Rim
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp decorating sugar (I used gold)
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
To Make the Cocktail
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 1.5 oz Pear Brandy or Liqueur
- 2 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 oz spiced simple syrup
- Pear slice for garnish
To Make the Spiced Simple Syrup:
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Store any leftover syrup in the fridge for up to one month.
For the spiced sugar:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until evenly mixed. Scatter on a flat plate.
To Make the Cocktail:
- Rub the rims of glasses with a lime wedge and tip unside down into spiced sugar; coating the rim. Combine all of the cocktail ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for a minute or two and then strain into the cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a pear slice.
I like to use cake decorating sugars on the rims of my cocktails but you can use regular sugar. If you want to try the larger crystals; I get them at my local Michael's store. This cocktail has half clear and half gold mixed with the spices.