Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/spiced-honey-brushed-chicken-thighs/
© 2012 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Spiced Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs and the ‘Little Dipper’
Some spices and a bit of honey transform chicken thighs to a great dish.
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika (I had smoked and used it)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. (Or for easy cleanup, cover the inside of a large baking pan with sides with aluminum foil. Put a wire grid tray on top of the foil to allow drippings to collect in foil for easy cleanup)
- Broil chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture over chicken and return to oven for 1 minute.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture.
- Broil 1 minute or until chicken is done.
Boneless thighs can actually be cooked in one flat piece but I tucked meat from both sides under the main part to simulate the thigh with bone in and it cooked perfectly at this thickness.
Quick Tip from the book: Always reach for a larger bowl than you think you need. Using a bowl that is too small can result in spills and makes stirring and whisking more difficult.