Sure to be a new favorite with lemon, raspberries and bourbon. The Sparkling Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade Cocktail is beautiful and perfect for summer!
If you’ve been reading my latest posts then it should come as no surprise that I’m still all about summer cocktails, even at this late date…oh my gosh, even in September!
When challenged by Liquor.com to make a bourbon cocktail with a twist, I knew that standard practice might be to move more towards the flavors of fall including apples, cinnamon, cider, and more. But I just could not so I’m still here bringing summer in a glass to this last holiday of the summer season.
I made this cocktail for a crowd and to make it simpler I used lemonade concentrate although I did add my secret ingredient for the best lemonade…some lime juice!
I have found I love the combination of lemon and lime juices in cocktails that are best known for their lemon flavor; including my favorite Margarita and the best doggone Lemon Drop Martini I’ve ever had. So…how could it be bad? Quick answer? It wasn’t!
As is typical I had neighbors to share this with. Although a couple are more typically beer drinkers and some (like you!) were thinking, ‘Bourbon with raspberries and lemonade Barb?’ but all took a leap of faith and downed these like champs.
That truly is the only worry…it’s hot and it’s lemonade-ish and you have got to remind yourself…this has booze in it!
While I would most typically make my own lemon simple syrup for one or two cocktails, I decided to take advantage of a freezer full of lemonade concentrate for this crowd concoction.
I have so much stuff in my freezer that I am desperate to use some things to make room. I had just roasted 6 lbs of Hatch green chiles so in with the new and out with the old; or in this case, the too much of and it made it especially simple to whip up a batch for a crowd.
The lime juice equates to about 3 fresh limes and really does add a nice subtle touch.
Thirsty yet? Still plenty of time to make this Sparkling Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade Cocktail for your holiday get together or in my book sometime in the next couple of weeks; you know, while it’s still SUMMER (until September 22 in 2017 actually!). Cheers!
PIN ‘Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade’
For the Raspberry Simple Syrup
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 oz package of raspberries (hold a few for garnish)
For the Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade
- The Raspberry Simple Syrup
- 6 oz lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1.5 cups cold water
- 1.25 cups bourbon
To Finish the Cocktail
- Sparkling Soda, chilled
- Lemon slices and raspberries for garnish
To Make the Raspberry Simple Syrup
- Combine the water, sugar and raspberries in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir until all sugar is combined and turn to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain mixture over bowl to remove seeds. Cool.
To Make the Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade
- Combine the raspberry simple syrup, lemonade concentrate, lime juice, cold water, and bourbon in a pitcher filled with 3 cups of ice and mix well.
To Make the Cocktail
- In an ice filled highball glass, fill the glass with the Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade; leaving one inch headspace.
- Top with sparkling soda, stir gently and garnish with a lemon wedge and raspberry.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 5mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 39g Protein: 1g