Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/spanish-coffee-espresso/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Spanish Coffee with Espresso
For the Rim
- Raw brown sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw)
- 1 orange, cut into sections
For the Cocktail
- 2 oz. espresso coffee
- 1 oz. regular coffee
- 1 tsp raw brown sugar
- 11/2 oz. Brandy
For the Garnish
- Heavy whipping cream
- Grated Orange Zest
- Rub a section of orange around the rim of a martini glass and dip the wet rim into the raw brown sugar crystals.
- Warm the espresso, regular coffee, raw brown sugar and brandy until just steaming but not boiling. Pour into the martini glass and top with a big dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish with the grated orange zest.
I used instant espresso but coffee from my coffee maker. I have a stovetop espresso maker but thought I would try the instant and it was so good there is no need to make espresso unless you want to!