When I first considered including a cocktail every Friday for a series I had no idea what to expect but it’s become a tradition and one I love. Some days are more difficult to bring that drink to fruition and today was one of those days. Schedules and timelines coincided and I was without a new drink to share. So I’m punting because this one is SO much fun and since it was only the 2nd cocktail of a series that will soon have it’s own blog (YES!) I thought many might have missed it. As summer winds down (which I just have to accept), this is a great little cocktail that speaks of all things summer. Campfires, toasty marshmallows and certainly a sweety, frothy adult beverage. Try this Smoretini with your friends and tell me you don’t start singing Kumbaya!
Say S’mores and I most often think Girl Scout camp. I’ve mentioned I’m from a big family; as the oldest daughter I always had a lot of responsibility so getting away was especially exciting for me. Going to my Grandma’s for a weekend was huge but going to Girl Scout camp for a whole week? Heaven. So this drink evokes all of the special memories of friends, staying up late, sneaking to meet a boy from the neighboring Boy Scout camp and yes…my first kiss. In the annals of history it may not go down as something especially romantic but even if only a peck on the cheek, he was cute enough to keep the memory cherished for all of these years. This cocktail might just start some new memories so whether it’s old, new or yet to come? Cheers to them all!
Smoretini – A Childhood Favorite Revisited as an Adult Beverage!
A wonderful cocktail reminiscent of campfires and childhood memories!
- 2 jiggers vodka
- 2 jiggers Chocolate Liqueur
- 2-4 jiggers half and half (depends on how strong you want them to be!)
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 graham crackers, crushed
- Melt marshmallow creme and chocolate chips in a shallow bowl for 1 minute on half power in microwave bowl or over warm water.
- Roll outside of glass rim in marshmallow/chocolate chip mixture and then dip into crushed graham crackers. Put in refrigerator to cool.
- Fill cocktail shaker or pitcher with 2 cups of ice.
- Pour vodka, chocolate liqueur and half and half over ice. Shake well. Pour into cooled, rimmed glass.
- Spear marshmallows with toothpicks or long skewer; toast marshmallows over flame and garnish cocktail.