Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/smores-rice-krispie-treats/
© 2014 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
S’Mores Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1 package (about 40) large marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal, crushed slightly (put in plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin)
- 6 regular size Hershey Bars broken into small sections
- 1 package small marshmallows
- Preheat broiler in oven. Put shelf on 2nd row down from heating element.
- Butter the inside of a 13" X 9" pan.
- In large saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely coated.
- Add the two cereals and stir until well coated.
- Remove from heat and using a buttered spatula press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Scatter the Hershey bar pieces evenly over the cereal mixture. Put in the oven for a minute to soften; remove and spread the chocolate evenly over the top.
- Cover the entire surface of the treats with small marshmallows. Put the pan into the oven to broil the top of the marshmallows. WATCH CLOSELY. Ovens will vary but start checking after one minute; change position of pan if necessary to brown evenly.
- Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Wrap tightly if storing. Warm slightly in microwave for 10-30 seconds to soften chocolate and marshmallows.