Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/smashed-potatoes-garlic-fine-herbs-cheese/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Smashed Potatoes with Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese
- 5 pounds Red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into chunks
- 1 stick butter, cut into tablespoon size pieces (plus additional for dotting finished dish if desired)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs cheese; crumbled
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes into large saucepan and add enough water to cover by about an inch. Cook over medium-low heat until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and then put the potatoes back into the pot they were cooked in. Mash potatoes over low heat until smooth.
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, combine butter and half and half. Warm until butter has melted. Add the butter mixture, sour cream, and boursin cheese to potatoes.
- Continue to mash the potatoes until everything is thoroughly combined and all large chunks are broken up. Stir in salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Put potatoes into a serving bowl for serving; cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. If necessary, warm in 350º F oven for about 20 minutes before serving.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Dot with a couple of tablespoons of additional butter if desired.
- Serve warm.