Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/shrimp-scampi-parmesan-cheese-dip/
© 2018 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Shrimp Scampi and Parmesan Cheese Dip
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese)
- Parsley, for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray either two small or one medium size ramekin or other oven safe dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add garlic and simmer for 30 seconds; add the shrimp, (See Notes) salt, and pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is pink and the garlic is fragrant (about 4 minutes).
- In a medium bowl stir together the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and the sour cream or yogurt and mix until smooth. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until well combined.
- Add the shrimp and garlic butter mixture from the pan and the lemon juice and stir everything well.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish and place in the oven; bake for 20 minutes until bubbly.
- Turn on the oven broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes (watch carefully) just until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve hot with melba toasts, sliced and toasted baguette, or crackers.
I had really large shrimp so I cooked them first and then chopped them into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces; I did not want to overcook small pieces so handle yours accordingly.