Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/sesame-chicken-crockpot-style/
© 2013 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Sesame Chicken - Crockpot Style
4 hrs 10 mins
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts or a combination of both
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp Chili Paste depending on how hot you want it (I use Sambal Oelek)
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 4-6 cups rice, cooked
- Sesame seeds
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and put into crockpot.
- Combine onion, garlic, honey, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, oil, rice wine vinegar and chili paste in a small bowl; mix well. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken leaving the sauce in the crockpot. Cool chicken slightly and shred into bite size pieces.
- Dissolve 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 1/3 cup water in a separate small bowl and add mixture to crock pot; stirring to combine with sauce. Cover and cook until slightly thickened; 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken back to sauce and stir to coat. Plate rice on dishes and top with chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion slices.
Depending on your crockpot's age and settings; you might have to pour the sauce into a saucepan and thicken in on the stove. Return sauce and chicken to the crockpot to keep warm for serving.