Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/scallion-ginger-spiced-chicken/
© 2013 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Scallion & Ginger Spiced Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar or Stevia
- Salt and pepper
- Soy sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions for garnish
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large, heavy skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat; add chicken and sear until well-browned on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add scallions, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken and juices to skillet, reduce heat to low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a warmed platter. Season sauce with soy sauce to taste and spoon over chicken. Garnish with scallion greens.