Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/rosemary-greyhound/
© 2018 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
For the Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
For the Cocktail
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce rosemary simple syrup
- 8 ounces grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed (approximately 2 grapefruits; save two sections for garnish)
For the Garnish
- Grapefruit Wedges
- Rosemary Sprigs
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, heat the water and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the rosemary sprigs to the sugar water and let them steep for at least 1 hour.
- Strain and chill. (The rosemary simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for approximately 10 days)
To Make the Cocktails:
- Rub the rims of the glasses (use either Collins glasses or large short glasses) with a slice of grapefruit and dip into Wilton Cake Decorating Sugar (optional but fun!)
- Fill a shaker with ice and add the vodka, rosemary simple syrup and grapefruit juice; shake until ice cold.
- Pour over the ice in glasses and garnish with a sprig of rosemary and or a grapefruit wedge.