Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/root-beer-baked-beans/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
1 hr 10 mins
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (16-ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 cup root beer (not diet)
- 1/2 cup hickory-smoked barbecue sauce (I didn't have hickory smoked sauce so just added about a half teaspoon of liquid smoke to the dish)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Sauté diced onion in hot bacon drippings in skillet over high heat 5 minutes or until tender; add minced garlic and cook for another minute. Stir together onion, garlic, crumbled bacon, beans, and remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low heat on stovetop for 50 minutes until thickened (or bake in oven at 400% for same amount of time).