A wonderful chicken dish from St. Supery Vineyards
Roasted Chicken w/ Bacon, Garlic & Rosemary Brown Sauce
- 4 pieces chicken thigh/drumstick
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place chicken halves skin side up in roasting pan or glass dish. Place 3 slices bacon on top each chicken half. Pour wine and vinegar over chicken. Sprinkle garlic and rosemary over. Drizzle chicken with olive oil. Cover and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, transfer chicken to baking sheet; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Preheat broiler. Pour pan juices into a measuring cup or small bowl. Let sit for a few minutes until fat separates, spoon fat off. Pour pan juices into saucepan with chicken stock. Reduce liquid by at least half.
- Meanwhile, remove bacon from chicken, broil chicken until and chicken is golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, serve on plate with reduced sauce drizzled over top.