Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/roasted-carrot-leek-mash/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Roasted Carrot and Leek Mash
- 1/4 cup pure olive oil
- 1 medium leek, white and pale green parts only, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and thinly sliced crosswise (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 pounds carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400° and grease 2 large rimmed baking sheets with vegetable or olive oil..
- Combine the olive oil, leeks, carrots, thyme, and honey with salt and pepper and combine till all pieces are coated.
- Arrange the mixture on the baking sheets. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the carrots are very tender and browned on the bottom.
- In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock, half and half, and butter. Add the carrots and leeks and simmer on low for approximately 10 minutes. Put the mixture into a food processor in batches and pulse to desired consistency.
- Add the chopped parsley, taste and adjust seasoning if desired and serve hot with a pat of butter and parsley for garnish (optional).