Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/rice-krispie-treats-with-chocolate-toasted-walnuts-and-caramel/
© 2012 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Rice Krispie Treats with Chocolate, Toasted Walnuts and Caramel – The Belleville Bar
- 1 - 13" X 9" pan of warm Rick Krispie Treats (I used the recipe at www.ricekrispies.com/en_US/recipes/the-original-treats.html and just browned the butter before proceeding with the next steps).
- 12 oz of chocolate melting discs or chips
- 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 pkg of Kraft caramels
- 2-4 Tbsp of half and half
- Sea Salt to taste
- Using a double boiler or microwave on low setting, melt the chocolate. Pour it evenly over the warm Krispie Treats
- Spread the chocolate to the edges of the pan and immediately scatter the nuts over the chocolate;gently press them into the warm chocolate.
- Heat the caramels and half and half in a saucepan on low heat until the caramels melt and combine with the half and half. (I used my immersion blender to speed up the process but a whisk will do the trick, just be more patient than me!).
- Add a few pinches of sea salt to taste and mix well.
- Drizzle the caramel evenly over the top of the treat.
- Cool. Cut into rectangular bars or squares.
I revise my Rice Krispie recipe in a minor but I think significant way by browning the butter before adding the marshmallows.Simply heat the butter over medium heat until the solids turn brown. Watch carefully...burned butter rice krispie treat are not so good!