Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/red-pepper-poblano-jalapeno-honey-and-lime-sauce/
© 2013 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Red Pepper, Poblano, Jalapeno, Honey and Lime Sauce
A sweet/hot sauce that is wonderful on pork or chicken.
- 2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 poblano pepper, finely diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely diced (Add 1 more to up the heat quotient!)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (and I've used the same quantity of lemon juice in a pinch!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Simmer all peppers, honey, lime juice, and salt in a 1-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Cool sauce to warm or room temperature, then stir in cilantro just before serving.
Sauce (without cilantro) may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered. Heat over low heat until warm and stir in cilantro.
I've been trying to use my slow cooker more to make life a bit easier and it did for this sauce. I put everything into it in the morning, cooked on low heat all day and by dinner time the sauce was ready.