Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/raspberry-iced-tea-margarita/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Raspberry Iced Tea Margarita
For the Raspberry Simple Syrup (There will be more than 1/2 cup; save any leftover in the fridge for up to two weeks)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup raspberries (rinsed)
For the Cocktail
- 2 cups brewed iced tea
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 oz orange liqueur
- 3 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raspberry simple syrup
- Garnish with lime slices, lemon slices, and raspberries
To Make the Raspberry Simple Syrup
- Combine sugar and water in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add raspberries and bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup (careful if it's still hot) and cool completely. Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
To Make the Cocktail
- Mix equal parts sugar and Kosher salt for rim (optional - add a bit of lime zest). Moisten rim of glass with lime wedge, then dip rim in sugar/salt combination.
- Fill glass with ice. Mix tea, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, lemon juice and raspberry simple syrup into cocktail shaker with ice and shake until cold; pour over ice in glasses.
- Adjust raspberry syrup as needed for desire sweetness. Garnish with fruit.