Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/quinoa-salad-oranges-pecans-cranberries-recipe/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Quinoa Salad with Oranges, Pecans and Cranberries
- 10 oz quinoa (I used a variegated variety)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice (a juice blend is fine)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced between membranes
- 1 cup seedless red or green grapes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Orange Liqueur (optional - use orange juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place the quinoa in a medium pot with the 2 cups of stock and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer covered for 15 minutes, until it blooms. Drain well and put back into the pot and cover for 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork and let cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, soak the dried cranberries in the pomegranate juice to plump.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, drain the cranberries and add them to the bowl with the orange sections, grapes, scallions and pecans and mix gently.
For the Dressing:
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, orange liqueur and salt and pepper and whisk to combine; drizzle over the salad and stir in gently.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Check seasonings and serve at room temperature.