Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/potato-chip-cookies-with-toasted-pecans/
© 2014 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Potato Chip Cookies with Toasted Pecans
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional - depends on how salty your chips are)
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar for dusting cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat in well.
- Combine flour and salt if using and whisk together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in potato chips and toasted pecans.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass (if it sticks; rub a bit of butter on the bottom).
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Put confectioners sugar into a wide bowl and dust cookies all over with sugar.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.