Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/pomegranate-ginger-sparkler/
© 2018 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Pomegranate Ginger Sparkler
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar (more if your taste wants something sweeter))
- 3 inch knob of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish (Optional - see notes for recipe for candied lemon slices as shown)
- Combine the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool then strain the liquid into a glass container. Refrigerate until cold.
- Fill a champagne glass halfway with the pomegranate elixer. Top with chilled sparkling wine.
- Add fresh pomegranate arils (seeds) to the glass and garnish the rim with a lemon slice.
Candied Lemon Slices - Visit http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/candied-lemon-slices for the recipe I used.