Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/pecan-parmesan-roasted-butternut-squash/
© 2018 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Pecan and Parmesan Roasted Butternut Squash
An easy and delicious recipe for roasted butternut squash.
- 6 cups butternut squash
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 dashes black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 stick butter (4 Tbsp), melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, toss the squash with the garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley until well mixed.
- Pour the melted butter over the mixture and toss gently.
- Spread the mixture into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes or until just turning light brown and the flesh is tender and soft.
- Turn off the heat, remove the squash mixture from the oven and top with both the Parmesan cheese and the toasted pecans. Return to the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
You could serve this straight from the baking sheet but I chose to scoop it into an oven safe bowl before topping with the pecans and Parmesan...prettier for serving at the table.