Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/peanut-butter-cup-rice-krispie-treats/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
For the Rice Krispie Layer
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
For the Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
For the Chocolate Ganache Layer
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan with softened butter.
- Put the marshmallows, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla in a large pot. Heat on low and stir constantly until everything is melted and combined.
- Stir in cereal and spread evenly into pan.
For the Peanut Butter Fudge Layer:
- In a medium size saucepan combine butter and peanut butter and stir over medium heat until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and stir until smooth. Spread evenly over first layer of Rice Krispies. Score the fudge lightly with a knife in 2" increments (this will help the chocolate layer to adhere).
To Make the Chocolate Ganache:
- Using a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and half and half and heat on low power for 30 second increments. Remove after each 30 seconds and stir. Do not heat too high or chocolate will seize! It should take about 2 minutes total. Spread ganache on top of warm peanut butter fudge layer and let everything cool. Cut into small squares.