Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/peach-blueberry-gorgonzola-and-toasted-walnut-grilled-pizza-salad/
© 2013 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Peach, Blueberry, Gorgonzola and Toasted Walnut Grilled Pizza Salad
- 1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust (I used Artisan Wheat)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 large peaches, sliced
- Large bunch of basil (I used about 30 leaves)
- 6 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 oz blueberries
- 4 oz toasted walnuts
- Mixed Greens
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing (optional)
- Preheat the Grill. Unroll the dough onto a piece of foil that has been oiled with canola oil. (I did that part inside and put the foil and dough on a cookie sheet and then carried it outside to cook it.)
- Flip the dough on the foil onto a hot, oiled grill; peel off the foil and turn the heat down and let it cook for 5-6 minutes, taking care not to burn the bottom.
- Once it’s cooked and has some char marks, flip the dough over and cook the other side for just a minute or two and then remove the pizza dough from the grill with the semi cooked side on the bottom. (I put mine back onto the foil lined cookie sheet I started with).
- Top with mozzarella cheese, peaches, basil and half of the Gorgonzola cheese. Put the cookie sheet back on the grill for just a couple of minutes until the underside of the dough had browned and the cheeses have melted.
- Remove the pizza from the grill and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with salad greens, toasted walnuts, blueberries and the remainder of the Gorgonzola cheese Sprinkle with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar if desired.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!