Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/pasta-broccoli-mushrooms-tomatoes/
© 2014 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Pasta with Broccoli, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese
A simple yet fabulous dish with fresh vegetables and pasta served with a buttery olive oil and Parmesan sauce.
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 12 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato (Original recipe calls for peeled tomatoes but truth is, I just don't do that, ever!)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- More Parmesan to sprinkle on top
- Simmer broccoli in approximately 2 quarts of salted hot water for a few seconds.
- Add uncooked spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes. (I prefer thin spaghetti...so adjust accordingly if you do and add to water after a couple of minutes).
- Put mushrooms and tomatoes in bottom of serving bowl.
- Drain broccoli and spaghetti in colander and put on top of vegetables in bowl and let it sit for a minute.
- Add Parmesan, butter, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss together and serve with some additional Parmesan grated on top.