I love these cookies! Someone might call them Gingersnaps but they aren’t…the molasses is distinct in their flavor and does compliment the ginger perfectly.
They are something we make in the fall and serve with apples but also a stable of our Christmas cookie jar. They are best if they aren’t allowed to completely dry out…crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside…perfect!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream Crisco with butter; add sugar, eggs and molasses and cream together.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed ingredients
- Roll into 1 inch balls; roll in raw sugar granules
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets
- Bake 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes