Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/maple-bourbon-balsamic-caramel-sauce/
© 2013 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Maple, Bourbon and Balsamic Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes until smooth and thick.
- Before serving, remove from heat and cool for at least 15 minutes.Store in the refrigerator in a jar with a snug lid.
- Reheat in microwave if necessary. Keeps for about a month in the refrigerator...but really; think it will be around that long?