Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/lemon-risotto-from-bon-appetit-rsvp-october-2010/
© 2010 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Lemon Risotto from Bon Appetit RSVP – October, 2010
- 1 12-ounce package cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cups (about) low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups (loosely packed) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tomatoes on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until skins begin to wrinkle, about 12 minutes. Set aside. Pour 5 cups broth into small saucepan; bring to simmer. Cover and keep warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in large saucepan. Add onion; sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add rice and garlic; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir 2 minutes. Add wine; stir until almost all liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup broth. Cook until almost all liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently and adjusting heat if necessary to maintain gentle simmer, about 5 minutes. Continue to add broth by cupfuls, stirring often, until rice is tender, about 25 minutes total. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and all remaining ingredients. Fold in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Adapted from Restaurant Saveur, Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin
Bon Appetit, October 2010