Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/lemon-ricotta-pizza-herbs-honey/
© 2010 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Lemon Ricotta Pizza with Herbs and Honey
A totally unique pizza with lemons, lavender and honey.
For the Lavender Honey
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp lavender
For the Pizza Dough: Make your own or use pre-made. Mine came from Whole Foods and was perfect but some pizza places will also sell you fresh dough
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 lemons; VERY thinly sliced, rind included; cut each slice into half. (I did not do this but now recommend it!)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil; additional for brushing cookware surface if necessary
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 -3 Tbsp fresh sage, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp pine nuts
To Make the Lavender Honey:
- Mix lavender and honey in small saucepan; gently heat while preparing pizza to allow the honey to be infused with lavender flavor.
To Make the Pizza:
- Heat oven to 400.
- Cook onion in olive oil til soft and starting to brown. Add balsamic vinegar and cook another minute or two.
- Brush oil olive in round or rectangular pan or use pizza stone.
- Spread pizza to edge of pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes in oven.
- Spread 1 cup of ricotta cheese over top of dough.
- Spread caramelized onion over ricotta.
- Evenly place lemon slices over cheese and onions.
- Sprinkle rosemary, sage and pine nuts over pizza.
- Dollop remaining ricotta cheese over entire pizza.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are brown; cut into serving pieces
- Remove honey from heat and pour into small pitcher. Serve pizza and pass the honey to drizzle on top.