Easy and so yummy, these have become a family favorite.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar, depending on your preference of sweetness (if you like them less sweet, only use 2)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (fresh ricotta, if you can find it)
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- butter and/or cooking spray for griddle
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries or sliced strawberries
- Preheat a nonstick griddle or large skillet.
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk together the cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Brush the hot griddle with butter or spray with no stick spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup measure of the batter on the griddle for each pancake and cook 3-4 minutes per side until light golden brown.
- To serve, stack 1-3 pancakes on a warmed plate. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar (through a sieve) then top with fresh berries. Serve immediately.