Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/leek-and-bacon-quiche-and-a-collection-of-savory-pies/
© 2014 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
1 hr 5 mins
- 1 prepared pastry shell, unbaked (make your own favorite or use an option from the grocery store)
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 and 1/2 leeks; white and tender green parts only
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese (approx 5-6 oz)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1-2 dashes of Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp powdered mustard
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp;set aside. Reserve 1 Tbsp bacon fat in skillet.
- Clean leeks thoroughly and then slice thinly. Saute them in bacon fat for 5-6 minutes over medium heat until softened.
- Spread onion mixture on bottom of prepared pastry shell. Top with crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese on top of leeks and bacon.
- Beat remaining ingredients for quiche together and pour over cheese, bacon and leeks.
- Bake until firm and brown approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika and return to oven for 5 minutes or until firm in center.