Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/lavender-lemonade-martini/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Lavender Lemonade Martini
For the lavender simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 sprigs of culinary lavender
For the cocktail
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz vodka, chilled
- Sugar for rimming
- Additional lavender sprigs
- Lemon slices, halved
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- Combine the sugar and water in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil; cook only until the sugar is dissolved. Add lavender sprigs and allow to cool completely, stirring occasionally.
To Make The Cocktail:
- Rim the edge of two martini glasses with a lemon slice and dip the edge into sugar (I like cake decorating sugar with larger crystals)
- Strain the lavender simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and add the lemon juice and vodka. Shake until VERY cold.
- Pour the lemonade/vodka mixture through a strainer into a cocktail glass. I prefer it without ice but if you prefer, put some crushed ice into the glass first.
- Garnish with lavender sprigs and lemon slices.
This is also a delightful drink without the vodka if serving to non drinkers or children!