Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/jalapeno-popper-grilled-cheese-sandwich/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Beer Battered Crust
For the Beer Batter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 bottle (12 oz) beer. I used Corona but any regular wheat beer will work.
To Make the Sandwich
- White or Wheat Bread
- Cream Cheese, softened (about 3 oz per sandwich)
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Salsa (optional)
To Make the Batter:
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add enough beer to make the batter thin enough to dip the bread in...I used about 3/4 of a bottle so start with a half bottle and continue to add until the desired consistency.
To Make the Sandwich:
- Dip each bread slice into the batter, covering both sides. Fry in a medium hot frying pan with enough butter in the bottom to not have it stick to the pan.
- Spread the cream cheese on both sides of the bread; top one side with japapeno slices and warm until the cheese is softened and warm. Put the two sides together, cut in half and serve.
- Optional: serve salsa on the side
There is enough beer batter for approximately 4 sandwiches.