Not a coffee drinker but still love Kahlua? I’ve made this Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail just for you by blending Kahlua, Irish Whiskey and Heavy Cream. Might be my new favorite cocktail for St. Patrick’s Day!
I made this cocktail last night when I had some friends stop by and the truth is it came about for one simple reason. I cannot drink coffee in the evening without having it keep me up all night so I decided to try a cocktail using Kahlua instead! While that plan was all about me I decided that some of my lovely readers might enjoy it too.
I thought it might especially be nice for those that were like I used to be years ago. I loved the scent of coffee and loved it in all things…except a cup. I never drank it. It took me some years to discover that the quality of coffee makes a HUGE difference (sorry Mom and Dad, but pre-ground Folger’s in a can was at fault ). Still if you’re not there and never will be but like Kahlua, you’re in luck.
This Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail is all Kahlua, Irish Whiskey and heavy whipping cream. That’s it! It actually reminds me of a cocktail I make at Christmas but use eggnog instead of whipping cream; I’ve always loved that so this was no big surprise.
I’ve garnished this one with some nutmeg and a small handful of lovely chocolate covered coffee nibs that I nabbed at Sprouts. I had them so used them and they are a nice little chocolate nibble but they are also totally optional.
I know it’s late for this one but it was either publish it now or wait til next year…by which time I would be onto something else…obvious which direction I decided most important. I might get a bit redundant with my Irish cocktails.
If I’m drinking beer, it’s not green, it’s Guinness and if I’m having a cocktail it seems to be sweet and include some Irish Whiskey and whipped cream. Not such a bad thing right? I’ve listed a couple of others for you to check out after this Irish Toast…they are all great!
Irish Toast for Drinking
“My friends are the best friends
Loyal, willing and able.
Now let’s get to drinking!
All glasses off the table!
- Guinness Vanilla Milkshake with Irish Cream Whipped Cream
- Classic Irish Coffee
- The Nutty Irishman
- Espresso, Kahlua and Irish Whiskey Frozen Cocktail
- Baby Guinness
- Guinness Float with Irish Whiskey Whipped Cream
PIN Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail!
Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail
- 1 oz Coffee Liqueur (like Kahlua or in my case my homemade coffee liqueur)
- 1 3/4 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
- ½ oz heavy whipping cream
- Whipped Cream
- Grated Nutmeg
- Chocolate covered coffee nibs (optional)
- Combine all ingredients over ice in a cocktail shake; shake until ice cold.
- Pour into ice-filled Irish coffee or Collins glass. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with fresh nutmeg shavings and chocolate covered coffee nibs.