Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/honey-roasted-lamb-and-pine-nut-salad/
© 2007 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 5-6 lb Lamb roast
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Salad greens
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine honey, 3 tablespoons oil, and thyme in heavy small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until just warm. Remove from heat.
- Pour 2/3 of honey mixture into small bowl.
- Place lamb on rack set in roasting pan; brush with half of honey mixture from bowl.
- Roast lamb 12 minutes; brush with remaining honey mixture from bowl.
- Continue to roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125°F for medium-rare, time will vary depending on size of your roast and desired level of doneness.
- Transfer lamb to cutting board; let sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Meanwhile, add vinegar, water, and remaining olive oil to honey mixture in saucepan. Stir over low heat until just warm; discard thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut lamb into slices. Divide salad greens among plates. Top each serving with lamb slices, sprinkle with pine nuts and drizzle warm dressing over and serve warm.